The Church We See
Live on Purpose
Our mission is to lead the people of Seattle to an encounter with Jesus that would: redeem their past, redefine their today, and reveal their tomorrow.
We raise up leaders
because we are willing to take responsibility for the future of our region.
Discipleship is our mandate
because we love people to and through their development.
Church is important
because we are giving our lives to the bride of Christ, not to a building or a brand.
Big is our future
because the future of God’s church is big, your future is big too.
We take territory
because we are commissioned to influence every sphere of society.
Biblical truth is our compass
because fullness of life can only be found in the entirety of Jesus and the word of God.
Supernatural is our natural
because we aren’t just a house of information, but also one of transformation.
1. There is one God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19.)
2. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His victorious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant intercession and His imminent return.
3. In the person and work of the Holy Spirit with His fruits and gifts available in the Church (Galatians 5:22-23.)
4. The Bible is the living word of God. It is infallible, authoritative and everlasting and is the foundation of all Christian doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16.)
5. In the existence of Heaven and hell and that Heaven is the eternal dwelling place for all believers in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
6. In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for new birth by faith in Jesus Christ.
7. In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers subsequent to the new birth, with normal evidence of speaking in other tongues (1 Corinthians 14:4.)
8. In the sacraments of the Lord's Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers.
9. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting separation from God.
10. In the church being the body of Christ, and each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20.)
11. Marriage was instituted by God, ratified by Jesus, and is exclusively between a man and a woman. It is a picture of Christ and His church. (Genesis 2:24.)
12. Sex is a gift from God for procreation and unity, and it is only appropriate within and designed for marriage (Exodus 20:14, 20:17, Leviticus 18:22.)
13. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably created each person as distinctly male or female (Genesis 1:26-31, 2:18-25, 5:1-2, Deuteronomy 22:5). These two
distinct and complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
14. We believe in tithes and offerings and that the world of the generous gets larger and larger (Proverbs 11:24, Malachi 3:10, Proverbs 3:9.)